Thursday, February 22, 2007

 
AUSTRALIA

On Monday 5th February 2007 I've finally been dropped off at Angie's house in YANCHEP after a long journey by truck across Australia. I left Brisbane last Monday and spent the next 7 days on the road, crossing New South Wales and South Australia, acr
oss the Nullarbor Plain into Western Australia. I had a good sleep as it was all very dark!! -the parcel I was in had Father Christmas and lots of stamps with Theo's photo on them.

Angie made a coffee while I read the paper sitting in front of some of her postcards and then she introduced me to all the bears who were waiting to meet me.Brown Bear, White Bear, Harrods Bear (he was born in England in a very famous shop!), Friendship Bear, Stray Bear, Stitches Bear (who cam from Princess Margaret Hospital to Yanchep to recover from an accident). Soooo many names to remember....sparkles, godfrey (who has been to university), Sam, Henry, Scotty, Gramps & Waffle (he plays a football game with an egg shaped ball). Then there is Panda & Blinky Bill who are not "really" bears - but who cares?I hope to see some relatives of Blinky Bill at Yanchep National Park; they are Koala Bears and live in gum trees. Mr. Loftus, the gentleman from the "Sun City News" said in the paper that "Felix will be making guest appearances in Yanchep & Two Rocks during his busy schedule. the Sun City News has arranged to meet Felix at a number of local tourist spots for a series of photos". I feel very special - like a film star or a king!!!

On Tuesday Mr. Loftus first took me to the Yanchep Lagoon.











I
tried to keep my balance on a surf board and meet the Surf Live Saver (who has a white nose so it doesn't get burnt) and then with his "sunnies" on I held on very tight to the front of his truck.

Mr. Loftus took me to a restaurant called "Sea Salt" where we had a coffee overlooking the Marina at Two Rocks.



And here I am in front of a very BIG statue of King Neptune!




Before we left Two Rocks we went to a 94th birthday party and I helped to blow out the candle!
The next place to vistit was Yanchep National Park, called in to Chocolate Drops and the Yanchep Inn.

The Koalas and Kangaroos were all sleeping so I might just have to come back to Yanchep another time.

Here I am sitting next to a boomerang.
We left Yanchep to go to Wanneroo where I was introduced to the Mayor & all the Councilors (the Mayor let me sit in his chare and gave me a "City of Wanneroo" pin).Wednesday was shoppping day at Joondalup and I saw a HUGE window with all these bears in, including a beautiful readhead...... She was sooooo sweet!!!That night I slept very well and dreamt about her. She was my Valentine!!!!

On Thursday Angie took me to Two Rocks and we called into Sunshiners Gallery where she gets her postcards. Angie and her friend have their art nearby.
Every night Angie told me a story about Teddy Bears and I have learnt very much. Leonhard, did you know that people who collect and love bears are called ARCOPHILES and a gathering of bears is called a "HUG"? Isn't that intersting?

On Friday the 9th of February I had my weigh in at Two Rocks Post Office - and guess what? I had done so much running around that I hadn't put any extra weight on - wasn't that good?




In the afternoon I went to school and met all the children in Miss Davies class - lots of cuddles, which you know I love.


Then came the day I had to say goodbye to all the friends I had made here. I only caught a glimpse of Kangaroos and Koalas, didn't go swimming, didn't see any Dolphins and didn't go to Perth (the capital of Western Australia). Wish I could have stayed a little longer but New Zealand was waiting for me and all the other places in the world.

Love, Felix

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?